How To Submit Your Work
Monday, 2 January 2017
Heron Tree is open for submissions from 1 November 2016 through 1 June 2017. We will read submissions and make decisions on a rolling basis. Accepted poems from this submission period will be published online starting in February 2017 and collected in a free downloadable ebook.
– Send 1-5 poems with a cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
– The poems should be attached in a single doc or docx file. Please do not use page numbers, headers, or footers in your document.
– All submissions will be read blind, so do not include your name in the file with the poems.
– In your email cover note please include a list of your poems’ titles.
– You are welcome to submit more than once per submission period, but please do not send a new submission until you have heard from us about your first one.
– Once you send your submission, you’ll receive an automatic email reply. If you don’t receive the reply, please check your spam folder and add Heron Tree to your contacts to ensure that you receive future communications about your submission.
Simultaneous submissions are welcome with timely notification of acceptance elsewhere. Poems that have previously appeared online (temporarily or permanently, on your own or a third-party site) should not be submitted, nor should work that has already been published electronically or in print.
If your work is accepted by Heron Tree, you agree to grant us exclusive first publication rights and the non-exclusive right to include your work in our online archives and in the downloadable ebook. You agree that if your poem subsequently appears elsewhere you will credit Heron Tree as the original publisher.
These guidelines are subject to change.